1-4044 Nelthorpre Street, Victoria BC, V8X 2A1
1 250 479-1331
fax: 1 250 479-5423
Parishioners are invited to subscribe to the Diocesan Blog to receive automatic weekly updates and messages of hope.
The Diocesan Blog post for this week entitled "Back to School" may be accessed via the link:
We continue to pray for our students, administrators and staff
who head back to school this week.
Join Bishop Gary Gordon as he leads a Mission on
“A Path to Hope in Jesus”,
reflections on the Sorrowful Mysteries, which will serve as a reminder that “we already enter into glory when we have the cross in our lives”.
The Mission will begin after the live-stream Mass (7 pm) on Monday, September 14th, Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, and conclude on Friday, September 18th.
A COVID-19 UPDATE FROM THE DIOCESE
March 14 2020
As we continue to monitor the effects of COVID-19 in Canada, we must be diligent in our efforts to lessen the potential spread of the virus. We know that the well-being of your loved ones are the most important concern for you during this time. We want to let you know that we are monitoring the situation closely, and we believe that the risk of COVID-19 adversely affecting our parishes remains low. However, some of the things that we can do to anticipate and minimize the possible spread of the virus are:
1. Remain vigilant about hand hygiene, and avoid unnecessary contact (hand shaking, hugging etc.)
2. Out of consideration for the well-being of others in the community, the elderly, anyone with an underlying health condition, and those who feel even remotely unwell are excused from the obligation of attending Sunday Mass.
4. In order to reduce social isolation, I encourage everyone to find ways to mobilize people to make phone calls to those who must remain at home, and to provide services such as delivering food and necessary items. Being in regular contact with other parishioners will alleviate loneliness for the homebound.
5. Social gatherings such as pancake breakfasts, pot lucks, buffets, etcetera, that are not essential to the congregation should be suspended until COVID-19 passes.
6. Practice social distancing (2 metres apart) as much as possible.
The situation is fluid and subject to rapid change. We will continue to stay informed, and will share relevant information with you as it is released to us. We continue to pray for one another, those who are sick, and for our whole society that we may live in charity, be free of anxiety, that our gracious God will bring a swift end to COVID-19, and grant us strength in these challenging times.
DURING COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS THE OFFICE WILL REMAIN CLOSED WITH THE PHONE AND EMAILS BEING MONITORED REMOTELY.
(Mon-Fri 9am -2pm)
Trinity Catholic Church
6234 Spartan Rd
Namaimo, V9T 2N9
250 390-2612 250 390-2612
MASSES ARE LIMITED TO 50 PARISHIONERS INCLUDING THE CELEBRANT.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED TO ATTEND A MASS AND YOU MAY REGISTER FOR ONE MASS ONLY.
TO REGISTER FOR A MASS CONTACT THE OFFICE AT firstname.lastname@example.org or 250 390-2612
WEB SITE STARTED